Thursday, February 16, 2012

mmmm macaroons

Lately I have been totally obsessed with macaroons.
The colours The flavours. The texture.
And so I have endeavored to make some myself!

The first attempt was not overly successful. They looked like little snails whose shells had slid all over the place, and the ganache wasn't attempted (lack of ingredients) but with practice I'm happy to say they are getting much much better! The first batch was lemon with strawberry centers and the second batch was peppermint! 

Attempt #1
Attempt #2
Attempt #3





 The last batch were strawberry flavoured, and the ganache was soooooo delicious, there was heaps left over so we decided to make Hundreds and Thousands biscuits!

My mission is to make them perfectly.
I'll let you know when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. Just popped over here from Amanda's blog, hello! I've been having fun attempting macarons too (http://www.helenlimbrick.com/2012/02/weekend-link-love_10.html) they taste great but yours are a much nicer colour! I put in so much pink food colouring and they still came out beige.. Hx

    ReplyDelete