Wednesday, June 6, 2012

escape

 Feels like forever since I've done a really good update on things. Life hasn't been too busy, but it's all the small things that happen that I want to share.


SO! To start off. The above photos are from a road trip I went on in March with two of the nicest people in the world, Beka and Nath. They were heading up to Whangapoua in the Coromandel for a wedding. I grew up with a bach up in Matarangi, just across the harbour from Whangpoua so the area is riddled with memories for me and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go back there to reminisce and escape. I was flooded with images from my childhood: We went fishing on the wharf like a million times, jumped off it, A-frame houses, climbing around the bluff on rocks at lowtide, finding starfish in the rockpools. All these things pulled at my heart strings. I feel most like myself when I'm at those beaches.
This time, I was like a barnacle. Along for the ride, taking what I could get.
While Beka and Nath were at the wedding festivities I wandered around the small town, up and down the beach. I sat on a pohutukawa tree branch and read my book. Went for a couple swims. I went for a walk in the rain on the sand, watching the curtain of water coming toward me across the ocean. It was heaven.

I was invited to brunch on the Sunday, to consume all the amazingly delicious leftovers from the wedding. The Sun was burning bright in the sky and we decided to venture around the corner to New Chums Beach. Which is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And it was. It was breathtaking.

photos taken by Beka and Nath on their i-phones.

taken on one of my film cameras.

1 comment:

  1. you got mad skillzzzzz! this post made me so happy :) I LOVE YOUUUUU! xxx

    ReplyDelete