Wednesday, June 27, 2012

friendly dragons

Down a narrow alley framed by arches of branches I found 
a place of wonderful atmosphere, delicious coffee and toe tapping music.


The smile behind the counter welcomed me warmly when I told him it was my first visit. It's a beautiful day so I sit outside in the courtyard, the sun peaking at me from behind a climbing vine. I sit on a mustard vinyl covered chair at a table that looks like it's from the 60s. There's a flamingo in the garden but he never blinks. Sparrows at my feet tilt their heads in hope that I will spare some crumbs.


The spoon in my coffee has a rabbit embossed in silver, the plates don't match and the glass doors are cut into geometric patterns. There are fairy lights and coloured bulbs hanging above me.

I feel at home in a strange city at this moment.
I think I've found my sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment